The Medical Access Program (MAP) and MAP BASIC
The Medical Access Program (MAP) and MAP BASIC are local programs provided by Central Health that covers medical care for qualifying Travis County residents. MAP helps people get the health care they need.
NEED CARE? APPLY FOR MAP
1. Do You Qualify for MAP?
MAP provides health care coverage for Travis County residents with low income, who are not eligible for or enrolled in Medicaid or Medicare, and do not have private insurance.
2. Apply for MAP or Renew Online
If you qualify, you can apply for MAP and MAP BASIC online, even from your handheld or mobile device. You'll need to answer some questions about your residency, household size, income and provide some basic documents. If you are already a MAP member it is important to renew your MAP coverage 30 days before it expires. Look at your MAP card – the expiration date is on the right side (xx/xx/20xx).
- Adult primary and preventive health care
- Pediatric primary and preventive health care
- Gynecology services and women’s health services, excluding obstetrics (OB) services
- Cancer screenings
- Including palliative and hospice care
All MAP Members can receive dental care from CommUnityCare or Lone Star Circle of Care regardless of their assigned MAP Primary Care Provider (PCP).
- Exams, cleanings, X-rays, fillings, tooth removal
- Oral surgery
If your primary health care provider is:
- CommUnityCare – You may fill your prescription at select pharmacy locations. Pharmacy Locations
- Lone Star Circle of Care – You may fill your prescriptions at select Walgreens locations or a LSCC Pharmacy. Contact provider for more information.
- People’s Community Clinic – You may fill your prescriptions at any local pharmacy.
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES
- Therapy, counseling and psychiatry
- Psychiatric inpatient care
- Intensive outpatient services
- Crisis residential services
- Emergency stabilization/crisis extended observation
- Including digital urgent care
- Inpatient and outpatient care
- Skilled nursing
- Home health
- Recuperative care (for members experiencing homelessness)
MAP BASIC MEMBERS CAN RECEIVE
MAP BASIC covers most medical services, including behavioral health, at CommUnityCare, Lone Star Circle of Care, and People’s Community Clinic.
MAP BASIC members will be assigned a Primary Care Provider(PCP) clinic system, but may be seen at any of the contracted clinics without needing to change their PCP.
MAP BASIC covers medications on the Medical Access Program (MAP) formulary. Your doctor will explain your options.
Prescriptions can filled at pharmacies affiliated with our contracted MAP BASIC clinic systems. Your doctor’s office will have that list so you can choose the most convenient location.
MAP BASIC MEMBERS CAN RECEIVE
Primary Care–MAP BASIC covers most medical services offered, includingbehavioral health,at CommUnityCare(CUC), Lone Star Circle of Care(LSCC),andPeople’sCommunity Clinic.MAP BASICmembers will be assigned a Primary CareProvider(PCP)clinic system,but may be seen at any of the contracted clinicswithout needing to change their PCP.Pharmacy–MAP BASIC covers medications on theMedical Access Program (MAP)formulary. Prescriptions must be ordered by prescribers and filled at pharmaciesaffiliated with our contractedMAP BASICclinic systems
IF YOU NEED IMMEDIATE CARE
If you are experiencing a medical emergency call 9-1-1.
TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR DOCTOR
TO SCHEDULE A DOCTOR APPOINTMENT, CALL YOUR PRIMARY CARE PROVIDER AT THE NUMBER LISTED BELOW.
CommUnityCAre - 512-978-9015
El Buen Samaritano - 512-439-0700
Lone Star Circle of Care - 877-800-5722
People's Community Clinic - 512-478-4939
Do you need immediate care?
MAP offers access to urgent and convenient care locations all across Travis County for:
MINOR BURNS, FEVER, EARACHES, SICK TO STOMACH / VOMITING, DIARRHEA, STITCHES/X-RAYS (URGENT CARE ONLY)