COVID-19 (coronavirus) Information
The Central Health Enterprise (Central Health, CommUnityCare Health Centers, Sendero Health Plans) is closely following the developing coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) outbreak in our region and will post news and information most pertinent to our patients, clients, partners, and staff on this page.
Local Response Information
Austin Public Health is our local public health authority and is leading efforts to research, gather, and disseminate information to the community. For the latest news and information, please visit the APH website.
CommUnityCare Testing Data
CommUnityCare, Central Health’s affiliated Federally Qualified Health Centers, is publishing testing data that includes positivity rates and geographical analysis. The dashboard is interactive and offers multiple ways to view the data.
Learn more about symptoms, how to avoid the infection, what to do if your uninsured, how to schedule testing or appointments, and discover community resources and more information.
Learn more about COA resources, social media toolkits, media contact information, and health insurance.
Discover media information and read press releases.
Personal Protective Equipment Distribution
Austin Public Health, CommUnityCare, and Central Health are hosting a series of free personal protective equipment (PPE) distributions over the next several weeks in areas with high COVID-19 positivity rates based on testing data. The distributions will provide hand sanitizer, masks, and educational materials.
CommUnityCare patients can request PPE at the following sites:
Prenatal Care Sites
- Central Health is working closely with CommUnityCare to ensure continuity of care, including prioritizing how we pay contractors for services.
- Our medical management team, which cares for people with chronic conditions who are transitioning out of the hospital, should see little to no disruption in care at this time. We have plans in place to ensure smooth care transitions in the event we are asked to socially isolate.
- Our health care coverage eligibility and enrollment department will prioritize new enrollments, especially those who need testing or care related to COVID-19 in the event we are on essential business functions only.
- We have posted signage at all of our facilities that is in alignment with CDC, DSHS, and APH recommendations.
- We are handling each public meeting or event on a case-by-case basis following the City mandates, target audience, and community feedback.
- We are disseminating information provided by CDC, DSHS and CUC on social media.
- We are sharing information with our stakeholders, including elected officials, Community Health Champions, and our Community Advisory Committees.